Institutions & Survival II
University of Białystok, Białystok, Poland
22-23 February 2024
WINIR is pleased to sponsor a second international conference of the Forum for Institutional Thought on “Institutions and Survival: Challenges for Sustainability“, to be held at the University of Białystok’s Faculty of Economics and Finance in Białystok, Poland, on 22-23 February 2024.
The objective of the conference is to create a scientific platform for the multiplication and dissemination of knowledge in the field of institutional economics among representatives of research and teaching staff, as well as PhD students and students from various academic centers, politicians, activists, entrepreneurs from Poland and abroad, with a special focus on: the latest developments in institutional economics; the possible redefinition of the global role of economics in the social and political life of the contemporary world; the specific conditions of Central and Eastern Europe in terms of institutional determinants of economic and social governance; and the issues of sustainability and balancing of economic goals in the face of contemporary socio-economic crises, including energy, financial, military and others.
More specifically, the conference will focus on the following themes, among others:
- Transactional organisation — types of organisation (markets, hybrid organisations, hierarchical organisations) and criteria for forms of coordination (intensity of incentives, supervisory administration, contractual/contractual governance);
- Institutional change in the context of the challenges of balancing socio-economic objectives;
- Sources of economic crises and opportunities to neutralise their negative consequences;
- Sustainable development — essence and determinants;
- State and legal institutions;
- Public policy and institutions — collective action, delegation to public agencies, regulation of infrastructure of particular economic importance; institutional sources of public policies in Central and Eastern European countries.
3 December 2023 – abstract submission deadline
15 December 2023 – notification of acceptance
1 February 2024 – publication of the conference programme
The conference languages are English and Polish. Participation in the conference is free of charge. Delegates must pay for their own lunch. The fee for the gala dinner is 100 zł/25 euro.
Scientific committee: Anna Ząbkowicz (Chair, Jagiellonian University, economics), Michał Pietrzak (Warsaw University of Life Sciences, economics), Marzanna Poniatowicz (University of Bialystok, politics), Robert W. Ciborowski (University of Białystok, economics), Anna Zachorowska-Mazurkiewicz (Jagiellonian University, economics), Ewa Gruszewska (University of Białystok, economics), Dominika Milczarek-Andrzejewska (University of Warsaw, economics), Michał Moszyński (Nicolaus Copernicus University, economics).
Organizing Committee: Anna Zachorowska-Mazurkiewicz (Jagiellonian University), Anna Jurczuk (University of Białystok), Zofia Łapniewska (Jagiellonian University), Zofia Karczewska (University of Białystok), Katarzyna Kamińska (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development), Katarzyna Bentkowska (Warsaw School of Economics), Judyta Lubacha (Jagiellonian University), Renata Śliwa (Pedagogical University of Kraków).
This conference is organised in partnership with